A new Nintendo Indie World Showcase debuted this morning, and it had a little bit of everything. There were Aztec myths, sick tricks, and even FEZ, that precocious little platformer.
In roughly 20 minutes, the showcase ran down a list of games coming to Nintendo Switch as far out as next year and as soon as today. Here’s a rundown of everything they showed:
- Road 96: This road-trip roguelite got revealed last year, and it’s still looking pretty rad. Also a little unsettling. It’s set for Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals: Another Oxenfree is coming, set five years after the first but still featuring plenty of radio-wave ghosts by the look of it. The first Oxenfree was one of my big surprises of the year back in 2016, so I’m definitely excited to see what Night School has in store later this year.
- OlliOlli World: Take one excellent 2D skate franchise, turn it into a 2.5D world with branching paths and quirky characters, and now you have OlliOlli World. It’s coming to Nintendo Switch this winter, where I will once again return to the rails and bail spectacularly.
- Hindsight / Last Stop: Annapurna Interactive, the publisher who’s picked up previous indie hits like What Remains of Edith Finch and Gorogoa, had two new games to showcase today. Last Stop is the supernatural narrative adventure we’ve seen at a few other showcases and still looks pretty interesting. Hindsight looks pretty rad too; it’s a narrative game about an older woman reminiscing about her family, with objects serving as portals into the past. That’s coming this year, while Last Stop is scheduled for July.
- The Longing: The 400-day wait for a king to awaken is coming to Nintendo Switch, which should make the excruciating wait a little more manageable. As your in-game character waits out their painful respite in real-time, you can explore, manage puzzles, and generally vibe in the cave systems. It’s also out later today, so hurry up and start waiting!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge: Not too much info was shown for this beat ’em up, but what more do you need? It’s Tribute games and Dotemu, it’s coming to Switch later this year, and good lord, it looks absolutely radical.
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon: One of the stranger reveals, this game from GuruGuru and Konami (!!!) has a super-stylized look, mixed with a roguelite setup. It looks like there are some gorgeous monsters to hack-and-slash through, but honestly, it was wild enough seeing Konami’s name pop up in the showcase. GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is coming to Switch next year.
Source: Destructoid Everything shown during the April Nintendo Indie World Showcase