The PlayStation Store Black Friday sale began today, and while the best discounts (and frankly the best games period) are still on PlayStation 4, there are cross-gen PS5 deals. Not many, but some.
On the PS5 front, there’s Watch Dogs: Legion ($40.19), No Man’s Sky ($29.99), Maneater ($25.99), Borderlands 3 ($19.79), WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship ($24.99), Madden NFL 21 ($34.79), and FIFA 21 ($35.99). In the case of Madden and FIFA, you’d be buying the PS4 editions (which are playable on PS5 with backward compatibility) ahead of the “PS5 version” upgrade releasing on December 4.
As for PS4 Black Friday deals, I kind of don’t know where to start – tons of good picks.
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim ($41.99)
- Amnesia: Rebirth ($22.49)
- Control: Ultimate Edition ($19.99)
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time ($38.99)
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled ($13.99)
- Cuphead ($14.99)
- Destroy All Humans! ($27.99)
- Doom Eternal ($19.79)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot ($23.99)
- Dreams ($19.99)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake ($39.59)
- Ghost of Tsushima ($40.19)
- Ghostrunner ($22.49)
- Hitman 2 ($11.99)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes ($4.99)
- Nioh 2 ($24.79)
- Resident Evil 2 ($15.99)
- Resident Evil 3 ($19.79)
- Risk of Rain 2 ($14.99)
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy ($13.99)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ($23.99)
- Star Wars: Squadrons ($23.99)
- Streets of Rage 4 ($17.49)
- The Last of Us Part II ($29.99)
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 ($29.99)
We know that some of these games – like Nioh 2 and Control: Ultimate Edition – are getting PS5 upgrades in 2021. I hope that even more of them take that extra step. Either way, I can tell I’m going to spend a lot of time over the holiday break with PS4 games on my PlayStation 5. The PlayStation Plus Collection has already gotten me to dive into the Crash Bandicoot series for the first time. (It’s… tough.)
A few other odds and ends: one-year subscriptions to PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now are $44.99 (25 percent off); the European sale is listed here; and the Black Friday sale lasts until November 30.
This is our first Black Friday using the new PlayStation Store web layout, and I’m not thrilled about it.